Experienced backend engineer with 3 years of experience in building scalable and maintainable backend services in Python and Golang. I also write a biweekly blog about non-technical things in the technical world at azimjon.com.
• Developed backend of the transportation management system for shipping cars that moves 200K orders annually. Primary technologies: Python, Django, and Golang.
• Optimized memory usage by 2,000% by identifying memory leaks in the document generator library and implementing a fix that reclaimed memory after generating 10 documents.
• Increased service reliability up to 99.99% by implementing a database connection retry mechanism.
• Decreased the response time of the main service from 500ms to 200ms by introducing an independent microservice for handling file uploads to Google Cloud Storage.
• Collaborated with backend, mobile, and frontend engineers to develop REST API contracts and documented them using Swagger.
• Developed a backend for automatic time & attendance tracking system.
• Reduced usage cost of AWS by 40% by converting old services from Python to Golang, which allowed to use cloud resources more efficiently.
• Integrated Anviz fingerprint controller to publish attendance data to the web application.
• Authored the company’s Golang code style guide that was used by 5 backend engineers.